10.11.2010

Cafe Lucky Noodle


Entrees: 12-28$
Cocktails: Average cost of $8
Cost for two diners enjoying entrees (with leftovers) and one cocktail each: 52$
The Draw: The menu is split between Asian dishes and Italian dishes.
Ambiance: Great date-night spot, or a great place for large groups.  There were several large square tables accommodating larger parties 6+. Cozy-cave-like-feeling, many different tones of warm wood.  We sat at the V-shaped booth facing the windows.

After musing about our days and our new found fame as food bloggers over a few drinks and some mozzarella sticks at Steelhead Brewery, we headed across the street to Café Lucky Noodle.


Mozza sticks and beer while we muse over our food blog
This was our first time to Lucky Noodle.  It being a Tuesday, we were greeted with the news that it was Wine Night! Lucky us! The featured bottles are half off (tastes are free) and all other wine on their well-stocked wine list is 35% off.  If only we were drinking wine that night!  Alas, a 4:30am wake up call the next morning to catch a flight kept me away from the wine, and pushed me towards one of the lovely cocktails.  The chili margarita was for me, and for my date, the Don Manhattan (essentially a large version of the classic).  The Manhattan was delicious in its traditional flavor, and no one can complain about the size.  The chili margarita was much more unique and offered good flavor and heat without being overbearing.

Though I initially was going to go for a dish with glass noodles (my favorite!) I opted for one of the specials – the house made garlic ravioli in a cream sauce with fresh cherry tomato and perfect chanterelle mushrooms – all on a bed of wilted spinach.  There are so many things about this dish that made me drool instantly.  I personally think that you can never have enough garlic, so between the house made focaccia that was brought out with olive oil, balsamic, and a generous portion of roasted garlic and this dish, I was in heaven.

Garlic Ravioli Special
Olive Oil, Balsamic, Garlic
Salsiccia al Forno
I’m also a sucker for chanterelles, and found the portion of them in the dish to be abundant.  The bed of spinach and the cherry tomatoes added a balance and compliment to the cream sauce and pasta.  The spinach was barely wilted under the heat of the ravioli, and the halved cherry tomatoes were left uncooked and juicy.  I tried to eat it all, but a few raviolis escaped my fork to be left for Andrew to eat the next day while I traveled to Colorado.  I did, however manage to eat all of the chanterelles in the dish.  Andrew reports that the delicious flavor infused overnight and the ravioli tasted even better.  Perhaps he was gloating because he got a second crack at my delicious meal.  Andrew ordered one of the house favorites, salsiccia al forno, loved the sausage, and enjoyed the red sauce.  And red sauce, in his opinion, can be good or just plain boring.


Next time we might opt to split an entrée and then order one or two appetizers instead of both of us ordering entrees and having leftovers.  We are both big fans of small plates and sharing our food when we go out.


No comments:

Post a Comment